Personal Injury Attorneys in Greater Danbury
When you’ve been injured, your first thought isn’t about the medical bills that will soon follow. In most personal injury cases, you will face out-of-pocket medical expenses that can’t be avoided and won’t always be covered by your insurance. To make matters worse, you may be incapable of working, leaving you with no source of income. If you or a loved one is faced with this situation, the smartest action you can take is to contact a personal injury attorney to help. Depending on what has happened, you may be entitled to certain amount of damages allowed under the law.
In most cases that we handle, personal injury results from the misconduct or negligence of other individuals. Our personal injury lawyers are dedicated to making sure that these parties are held accountable and helping you receive the compensation you deserve.
We represent victims that have experienced many different injuries including motor accidents, slips and falls, dog bites, dangerous products and other acts of negligence.
Auto or motor accidents can often be traumatic for the individual inflicted. We will work efficiently and fast to ensure that you only have to focus on a speedy recovery. We will apply all of our expertise on helping you seek a settlement or verdict and give you the proper compensation for your injuries or losses.
This can include but not limited to:
- Rear-end collisions
- Intersection or Pedestrian accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Automobile accidents
- Distracted driving
- Drunk Driving / DUI accidents
If someone is at fault for your injury, we want to help you receive the compensation you deserve. Motorcycle accidents are the most fatal of all accidents and we want to ensure that you come out of this process healthy and accounted for.
Slips and Falls
Every year, millions of adults are taken to the emergency room due to injuries from falling. Serious falls can result in fractures and even traumatic brain injuries. Accidental falls are actually the primary cause of brain injuries.
In order to figure out who is liable for your injury, we must determine if:
- The owner or employee of the property caused the dangerous condition or a spill
- The owner or employee of the property failed to clean up a spill or fix the dangerous conditions
These various types of injuries can make it hard for individuals to sustain an independent life. The effects of these slips and falls can range from mild to serious, which is why our lawyers will assist you every step of the way to ensure that the person or place that caused the fall is held responsible.
Without the help of an attorney, most dog bite cases are often swept under the rug. No matter the dog or its history of violence, the owner should be held accountable for its actions. Dog bites can result in serious health risks such as infections and even nerve damage.
Millions of Americans are bitten every year with a large number of them being children. Bites can range from areas like an adult’s hand to areas as serious as a child’s neck. If you or a family member have recently been affected by a dog attack, please contact our offices so that we can take on your case.
Every customer has high expectations and little worry when trying out a new product. They have full trust in the brand that a safe and fulfilling experience will be delivered to them. It’s every company’s duty to responsibly and routinely test products to ensure that they are safe to be consumed or used.
Products can become dangerous due to the stage of its manufacturing:
- A design defect can begin in the early stages of development
- A manufacturing defect occurs after production
- A marketing defect includes mislabeling or misleading advertising of a product
Defective products are often a cause of injury or sickness and in the worst cases, may result in death. No consumer that has invested their hard earned money in a product should ever have to experience this.
Other Acts Of Negligence
Within the practice of law, there are many circumstances that can lead to injury, harm or simply negative outcomes. Other acts of negligence can be medical malpractice, wrongful death, bicycling accidents and so on.
There are three different types of negligence that include:
- Gross Negligence: This is a conscious, voluntary disregard for the safety of others.
- Comparative Negligence: Both parties are responsible in this situation for injuries or suffering, the defendant must still pay some of the damage.
- Contributory Negligence: For this situation, the plaintiff has caused the injury and is not legally allowed to collect damages.
Any other type of negligence you experience can fall under one of the four elements of a negligence claim:
- Duty of Care: In order to classify as a duty of care, the defendant must have a legal duty of care to the plaintiff under given circumstances. If certain standards are not met then the acts are considered negligent.
- Breach of Duty: If a person or business has a duty of care toward another person or business and they fail to follow through, they can be held liable for negligence in personal injury if they are the cause of a person’s injury.
- Damages: In order to be considered “damages”, the injured person must have the injury at fault because of money damages (or monetary compensation).
- Causation: It must be proven that the defendant’s breach of duty caused an injury to the plaintiff.
If you are currently facing the negligence of another party and believe that you should receive damages for your injuries, reach out to Romanello Law Firm to receive legal advice.*
Don’t Let Your Injury Go Unnoticed
If you have recently suffered an injury due to the fault of another, please reach out to us at Romanello Law Firm. We will always be in your best interest and we want to take on your case.** Contact us today to get started.
*This page includes information about negligence, but it’s not a substitute for legal advice from a lawyer. Please contact us today to get more information.
**All Personal Injury cases are handled on a contingency fee basis and no attorney fees are due until there is a recovery.